Sunday, August 23, 2009

The death of casual sex...

Jay-Z raps about the death of the auto-tune, maybe I should rap about the death of casual sex.

This is a very random blog but it’s just whats on my mind!

Did anyone foresee the day when women would succeed men in the ideals of casual sex? Or is it something that will always go unnoticed?

I think women are suppose to be more emotional and attached in all facets of life. But today’s woman is a lot different from the women which set forth these ideals. I mean our society is different, therefore our culture is different. Our behaviors and attitudes are defined and fine-tuned by our society i.e. our culture.

Sex, has always been viewed as a “mans” thing. Like men are the only ones that think about it all the time and are in constant pursuit of it. I think that’s completely wrong, I think the street runs both ways we just as a society don’t acknowledge this. There is also a huge double standard that is carried with sexual activity. If a man has multiple partners he is the champion, for lack of better words, I suppose we will use champion. If a woman has multiple partners she is viewed as a slut, whore, and so on… the list seems endless. I guess there are many double standards when it comes to men and women, I don’t think there will ever be a drastic change which will sway societal views, it just one of those things where it is what it is.

Something I have learned in my life is that there is NO such thing as casual sex, or what most people like to call “friends with benefits”. Friends cannot have sex with each other and remain friends with complete normalcy. Someone will always become jealous, have feelings, or something will go wrong, I have come to believe that it’s inevitable. DO NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU VALUE YOUR FRIENDSHIP! I don’t care if you are “both on the same page” and/or whatever, eventually, it will fall apart! So think before you sex. My new slogan. I am sorry but I do not believe it exists.

I once read an article about how men and women cannot be friends for life. I am starting to believe this. The article stated either one will fall in love with the other, they will both fall in love with each other, one will meet someone else and cut ties, they will have sex and ruin their friendship and it listed many other obstacles and situations. I really have started to see this as I get older in more and more of my relationships with people. I have always been a “guys girl”, I have more male friends then females but something always ends up happening or there is some tension or jealousy (from the male, or if the male meets a girl and etc…).

So for myself I am just committing to no more casual sex with friends, because it can’t happen. What a commitment to make right before moving to Miami... damn.

Song of the day:

Omg this song is great! Cracks me up! Seriously! Getttttttttt it R Kells.