Friday, July 25, 2008

History, the TRUTH!

It seems as though the more I learn about the truth the angrier of a person that I seem to become. I am on this entire “trip” of wanting to know everything about everything. I feel that I have been deprived from my education and deprived of the truth my entire life until this point and only I can find the answers I am looking for. I am spending countless nights online and my nose is constantly buried in books.

I was watching Oprah the other day and there was this like, I don’t know 10-13 year old kid on their and he wanted to be the president of the United States in like 2035 or something ridiculous like that. I mean more power to this kid, he is already involved in politics and etc… he was talking about social security and retirement for his generation. I think that it is really what it is going to take to turn this country around, younger people who are more intuitive and open minded to changing state of this world. But it was something that was said that really kind of just made me shake my head, something about he is doing this because he wants to make a difference yadddda yadddda yadddda but it was something that was said by him and Oprah it was about how we (the people in the US) should be proud of the US and where we come from and we should really look at history and how history repeats itself and from looking at our history we should have a sense of pride, this kid was talking about trying to get some type of reform to get kids more interesting in History.

This is the most frustrating thing for me! I don’t know how I could ever say that or how I could be proud to be American. I mean yes let’s look at history, but let’s look at the truth of history. How many people know that our 1st president of this country was black? Why does Christopher Columbus have a day? Christopher Columbus was a HORRIABLE person, he rapped woman and killed so many people, even children. And he got lost at sea and winded up God knows where, he didn’t really discover. Where do I put in my vote for a Charles Manson day? I’m not really seeing a difference! We, when I say we I mean the founding fathers/this country. We did nothing that I would be proud of, we stole, robbed and killed people because we could and we felt me were superior i.e. the Indians. And we STILL treat “Indian Americans”, or w/e you would call them like SHIT. Do you research, look up how people of Indian decent are treated on their reservations by people who are not Indians, especially in the Dakotas, it is truly inhumane and you can’t mean to tell me that no one knows it’s going on, we know and just let it happen b/c they are “just Indians”! I mean we did nothing great in my opinion we just came in and pushed a bunch of people around and KILLED a bunch of people. In history, the Indians are made out to seem like they are such bad people and they hunted the white man and we just have this image of people being “scalped” people and just build these images of such horrible people, but if someone was to walk into my house that I did not recognize and I shoot them b/c I felt threatened it is a justified behavior. OR this is EVEN better in my opinion, if an alligator eats someone’s dog, we will fish out every gator in the lake where the dog was killed, and kill the alligators, every single one b/c it is now a threat! Yepp. Let’s not look at how we have completely abolished most of these animals habitats and they are just trying to survive, let’s just kill them all because they are a threat to us, nescience and we are superior beings and always right. I hope that people know that we use to have concentration camps in California, and we imprisoned Chinese, well any people of Asian descent for years, we called them “yellow people”. It’s pretty much where Hitler got his idea, but he was such a horrible man. Do you know why we had these concentration camps? Because we were AFRAID of the Asian people, we thought they were all spies, diseased, and would posse weapons. We started it!

You know what else really pisses me, is how ignorant people are… there are so many people who are so against us giving aid to other countries and etc… especially Africa, in regards fighting hunger, poverty, and etc… well if people in this country were ½ educated they would know that WE the US are the a large reason WHY African people can NOT grow their own food, why they live in such poverty, when we 1st discovered Africa we not only took people from the country to use as slaves but we cleaned out their land and DESTROYED it! We took and almost made elephants become extinct because we wanted Ivory and we also farmed the lands until they could not be farmed anymore, once we couldn’t far anymore or find anymore elephants we decided to take the people! I mean why not right? The lands of Africa never recovered from what we did to them! Decade’s later people are still suffering because of what we did as a country years, years, and years ago. Then a large portion of Africa is just trying to rebuild from the diamond wars. America is the #1 purchaser of Diamonds from Africa, a lot of those Diamonds has come from underground camps run by “gorilla troops” who have completely destroyed families and enslaved their own people for money, money which we have provided them. Legislators, larger cooperate partners, and buyers knew what was going on but no one did anything because the business is so lucrative for this country! Diamonds are not far and few in between, there are billions of diamonds available in the world, they just make them seems as though they are “rare” and all this because then people will pay more. What a great marketing skeeem, huh! So, yes I do think that we do need to feed starving children in Africa, because his dad was killed because you wanted a ring on your finger, I think we own that to a child! The diamond situation kinda makes me think of the Bush legislation, I feel he has enslaved this country for his own benefit financially and put us at War over oil and other things, that we will be left to just assume because we will never, ever really know the truth. Yes, we do have a high poverty level of our own in this country and we do have people starving and I do agree that we should be taking care of our people. However, we really have to look at some of the people who are homeless and etc… in our country; some people really choose to live that way. Some people don’t want help, they don’t want to work, and they do not want to be functioning members of society. Maybe this is because they are not mentally stable or for whatever reasons. But let’s look at our government and the way things are run!!!! Why is the lady at Publix in front of me buying her groceries with food stamps and driving a Mercedes? You know after this happened to me in Publix, I applied for food stamps and they denied me! I don’t even work, how can you deny me of food stamps? I don’t need them, nor was I going to except them I just wanted to experience the process! But anyways we should not have the poverty we have and we need to deal with that as a country and we need to help each other as people as neighbors. Let’s not just look at the homeless guys on the corner and say “oooh how sad, its such bullshit how we feed people in Africa and this guy is on the street”, we need people to challenge the system and things need to be fixed.

I just think as a country what we are suppose to stand for we do not and we have lost all of our values as a society, well I don’t know if we ever really had any! Money controls everything in our lives and we place too much value on material things and thus we end up in the situation where we are now. I am just glad that its pinching everyone’s pockets and not just the people at the bottom, though we suffer more than anyone!! I don’t have solutions or answers so I don’t complain. I do not support things I do not believe in and I do my homework and try to do my best to act just and support things I think are just as much as I can. But I really think that people need to open their minds and not open their mouths when they are not educated about what is going on in the world around them! And don’t get angry when we assist other countries and don’t take care of ourselves, because at least you have a huge ring on your finger, so nothing else matters right?