Sunday, August 8, 2010

BlindSpot….

Today I was driving to work and I pulled up to a stop light and there was a “homeless man” standing on the corner, I saw him as I approached the light. When I stopped my car I looked to see him and realized I had pulled up to the light in such a way he was standing in my blind spot. It was a very profound moment for me. I laughed and just thought well isn't that where “homeless people” are for most people, in their blind spot!!!!

I put “homeless people” in “quotes” because you never really know what someone's situation is, just because someone stands on a corner with a sign doesn't mean they are homeless, they could be walking up the street and getting into a Mercedes you never know. Though that's not most likely the case there are some people who do make a living out of begging. I think its sad how we exploit disadvantaged people for money. If more people believed that people needed the help then I think they would actually give the help.

I think that is my biggest problem with people who do those sorts of things, I'm not inclined to help someone like that. But I would definitely and have volunteered at soup kitchens and donated to places like that. I like to be assured that my time and my money is going to people who actually need it. I am more for buying someone a burger who is standing on a corner then giving them a dollar. I have always taken an interest in “homeless people” I am not really sure why.

I will someday write a book about people who are truly homeless…